Monday, March 28, 2011

San Diego Visit

San Diego Coast by zostra
San Diego Coast, a photo by zostra on Flickr.

After several years of threatening, I finally made good on my promise to visit my long-time friend Sarah in San Diego. We had a wonderful four days trekking around with her three kids (the youngest of which I met for the first time this trip). Lots of playing in the sand, at parks, building legos, coloring, ballet recitals, cartoon watching, and just catching up with Sarah. This shot was taken yesterday at La Jolla where we visited the Harbor Seals at the Children's Pool, built sand castles (at a different beach) and played in the park. Everything is starting to bloom down there, and I'm anxious for it to start up here (although I did come home to a little bit of color on my salvia!). Sarah's four-year-old put on a wonderful protest when it was time for me to leave, in that special way that only four-year-olds can, which made me feel very loved. I promised to return soon, and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: